nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Zone 3 Blackberry

  • From: Michael Dossett <phainopepla@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Zone 3 Blackberry
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 09:38:59 -0700 (PDT)

I agree with Bill on this take. The northern
blackberry species have been used very little in
breeding erect and semi-erect blackberry cultivars in
the eastern US and so there is a lack of cultivars
that are consistently hardy past zone 5. I definately
think there would be some demand for this. I think
the trick would be being able to distribute it widely
enough for it to become worthwhile for you.

Michael Dossett
Corvallis, OR
phainopepla@yahoo.com