nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Celeste Figs

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Celeste Figs
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 09:47:38 -0700

They’re behaving just like figs!  For fresh eating, I like them just before they split, when they’re soft but not too soft, and have a little acidity to balance the sweetness.  Dried, too, I like.  in between those stages, I’ll cook with them.  Others like different ripeness stages.  You should have figs now on your try at all stages of ripeness, so you can try and see what you like.

Stephen