nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Inexpensive Plum Curculio lure

  • From: "Dennis Norton" <dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Inexpensive Plum Curculio lure
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 23:05:24 -0500

Stephen,

We used the small circle traps with a pheromone/plum scent lure from Great Lakes IPM. The apple tree trunks were not painted white and we used Assail followed by an Imidan spray 2 weeks later. 2 weeks later we followed the same regimen, assail followed by Imidan as we were also experiencing a high CM (codling moth) count that was way above our threshold.

IPM is the choice of most orchards that I have come in contact with throughout the Midwest as well as eastern states such as New York. I am involved with a training program that is being conducted by John Aue, our contracted entomologist from Wisconsin. There are many orchards in southern/southeastern Wisconsin being trained by John through the Wisconsin Eco-Apple Project (http://www.thinkipm.org/apples/). Since we consult with John, he has been training me as part of our contracted services with him. This will give you an idea of what's happening with IPM in our area.

If you have more questions, just ask!

Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>