nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Inexpensive Plum Curculio lure

  • From: "Dennis Norton" <dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Inexpensive Plum Curculio lure
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 14:52:12 -0500

This season we thought we would use the Great Lakes traps and lures on recommendation of our contracted entomologist. Spent several hundred dollars and never caught a single PC but had plenty of fruit damage. In the past 15 years, Royal Oak Farm has never found a good trap and lure that works. The good ole "shake the tree and see what falls" method has proved more valuable than any trap we have used. We got more damage using the traps this year than ever before. Next year, we go back to shakin'!

For what it's worth!!

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com