nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Black currant taste; red rasp rot

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Black currant taste; red rasp rot
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 10:16:18 -0700

I freeze juices in those same 2-liter bottles, then I upend them over
pint-or-larger containers, and let them thaw for a while. The fraction with
the highest concentration of solids - in other words, juice concentrate -
melts out, leaving frozen water behind. When 25% of the volume has melted
out, you have a nice freezer-space-saving juice concentrate.

Stephen