nafex - [NAFEX] More Ferbam Info

  • From: Don Yellman <don.yellman@webformation.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] More Ferbam Info
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 13:48:17 -0400

Barbara:

The substance that caused deterioration of my sprayer seals was neem oil, not
Ferbam. Ferbam had no visible effect on my rubber parts, though I did no
special rinsing. This is how rumors and misinformation gets started.

I am no anti-government zealot, but when the regulatory process for "re-registering" an
insecticide or fungicide is so painful and expensive that it results in the withdrawal from the
market of an effective fungicide with so few drawbacks, I can do without that kind of government
"help". I feel the same way about Imidan. EPA assumes the average citizen is not to
be trusted with things they don't like.

Don Yellman, Great Falls, VA

  • [NAFEX] More ferbam info, Harrick, Barbara (N-Kelly Services), 07/17/2006
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • [NAFEX] More Ferbam Info, Don Yellman, 07/17/2006