nafex - [NAFEX] Rubus Recommendations

  • From: Peter Chrisbacher <pxbacher.ls@comcast.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Rubus Recommendations
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 11:59:42 -0400

I've been re-evaluating my Rubus recently and thought I'd post here for recommendations.

My Heritage have never done well. They don't ripen uniformly and I don't get a great yield - they probably have a virus and I'm pretty much set on tearing them out. Can anyone recommend a replacement? An everbearing with good flavor and maybe some disease resistance/tolerance?

I'm also not enthralled with my Royalty purples, though they've been serving nicely as decoys, keeping the birds away from my Fall Gold! How is Brandywine in comparison? Any other I should consider? (I'm thinking successfully getting these all out will be a challenge - they out-compete the weeds!)

Thanks for all recommendations!

Pete Chrisbacher
SE PA - Zone 6B