nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Transplanting - Damson Plum

  • From: Richard J.Ossolinski <osso@acadia.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Transplanting - Damson Plum
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 12:18:58 -0400

On Jun 14, 2006, at 12:01 PM, John Barbowski wrote:

I have notice an anomaly that is interesting. About 20% of the plums are doubles.
Is this a normal occurrence for plums or could it be a result of the previous
year's trauma?

Glad you asked, John, as one year I had dozens of doubles on a Stanley plum and never did know why. Can't remember if it was the same year that I had close to a dozen doubles (total) from eight Cortland trees (but none since.)

Richard
Gouldsboro, ME Zone 5