nafex - [NAFEX] Dollywood Persimmon on D. Lotus rootstock

  • From: "Bassem Samaan" <bassem@gardener.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Dollywood Persimmon on D. Lotus rootstock
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 11:33:20 -0500

I grafted american persimmon "Dollywood" on Diospyros Lotus seedling,  2 years ago. The tree is about 2.5' ft tall, and already have dozen or so flowers.  I'm amazed of how early it set blooms. Can that be the variety or the rootstock that allowed it to bloom early?

As far as pollenation, it is planted in my dad's yard where there's no persimmon trees in the area... would it still set fruit with out a male?

Bass samaan

Bethlehem,  pa, Zone 6