nafex - [NAFEX] permethrin / apples

  • From: "Richard MURPHY" <murphman108@msn.com>
  • To: "nafex" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] permethrin / apples
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 21:22:44 -0400

Hi Guys;

One of my favorite insecticides is Permethrin. Low cost, not too dangerous.

Since I couldn't find it at Home Depot any more (Ortho Basics Lawn & Garden Spray in a brown bottle), I was going to buy some Bonide EIGHT (permethrin).

Bonide EIGHT label says not to use it on apples after petal fall. I don't know why.
I emailed Bonide and "Kimberlee" had no answer.

I used the Home Depot Permethrin all last season with excellent results, low cost.
Dammit.
Is there a real reason not to use after petal fall???

Richard