nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Did I kill my trees?

  • From: "Dennis Norton" <dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Did I kill my trees?
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 19:05:16 -0500

Did you do an oil spray within 3 weeks of using the Bonide Fruit Tree Spray?

Also, it is a good idea to resize your photos before attaching them to an e-mail.  You can go to  http://www.photo-freeware.net/pixresizer.php  and download a free photo resize program that is very simple to use.  Most imaging software has a built in image resizer but sometimes its hard to use or find!

Straight from your digital camera, most images are 2448 x 1632 pixels plus or minus, which is 34 x 22 inches.  A photo that is 640 x 480 pixels is about 9 x 7 inches.  For a 5 x 7, set pixels at 504 x 360.  The photo you attached was 1728 x 2304 or 24" x 32" as it rendered on my monitor which is a 19" Samsung SyncMaster 910T.  A photo that size takes up about 848 KB whereas a photo at 504 x 360 saved as a GIF would be only 192KB which e-mails faster and doesn't take up as much screen space.  Just some quick info on e-mailing photos that would help us all since a photo speaks a thousand words!