nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Did I kill my trees

  • From: Doc Lisenby <longdistshtr@shtc.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Did I kill my trees
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 19:00:46 -0400

Rich, I planted a Seckel Pear in April, here in SoCar and got the same reaction as you. I didn't spray or fertilize it.
I did prune it for planting so I thought it was Fire Blight. Seckel is supposed to be resistant to Fire Blight but I lost one three years ago to it. Fire Blight doesn't look like this when it hits a mature fully leafed out tree but maybe it looks like this if it hits an immature tree early in the Spring. I hope someone recognizes what it is.
Doc Lisenby
Zone 7/8

  • Re: [NAFEX] Did I kill my trees, Doc Lisenby, 05/18/2006