nafex - Re: [NAFEX] [NAFEX) Apple flavor, Jerry's comments

  • From: tanis grif <tanisgrif@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] [NAFEX) Apple flavor, Jerry's comments
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 16:19:27 -0700 (PDT)

'Snow' apple for example. Nice crisp (delicate, not "crunchy") and very
tastey off
the tree, but looses all flavor quickly and most of the texture in storage.
Acts
like a summer apple, tho ripe in mid-Oct.

At least, that's what my "Snow" apple does. There's always they chance it's
something mis-labelled.

I agree I think some of the "12-hour" summer apples would keep a while if we
chilled
them down right away. Some people want a deck w/ a hot-tub; I want a
fruit-storage
cooler.

Interesting-- med-late dessert apple which doesn't keep well: Tolman Sweet