nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Apple flavor

  • From: Michael Dossett <phainopepla@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Apple flavor
  • Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 18:57:10 -0700 (PDT)

I for one love goldrush straight off the tree. It all
depends on how you like your apples. During storage
and while sitting in the store, starch is converted to
sugar and they will all get sweeter, no matter what
the variety. Some are sweeter off the tree and some
are more acid. It depends on what your taste is, but
I like a little bit of acid in mine.

Michael