nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Margie Luffman/Harrow search for older fruits

  • From: "Luffman, Margie" <luffmanm@AGR.GC.CA>
  • To: <breen@fedcoseeds.com>, "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Margie Luffman/Harrow search for older fruits
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 11:07:27 -0500

Hello Heron. I am sorry to report that was no response to my query about
finding these older varieties. Some years ago I contacted the
appropriate provincial authority and the relevant grower associations in
all Canadian provinces and I had no luck there either. I speculate that
most of these varieties may be truly lost.

Margie

Margie Luffman
Curator, Canadian Clonal Genebank
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada