nafex - [NAFEX] Clarification: Margie Luffman/Harrow search for older fruits

  • From: Heron Breen <breen@fedcoseeds.com>
  • To: breen@fedcoseeds.com, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Clarification: Margie Luffman/Harrow search for older fruits
  • Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 17:33:33 -0600

I should have inserted that Seeds of Diversity is a Canadian organization,
and that
Ms. Luffman is searching for Canadian origin berry cultivars. She is a
frequent
contributor to the list-serv, with much knowledge. I believe she works from
the
Harrow Research Station? Sorry for this and any other partially correct
information.
Heron Breen
zone 4, Maine

On Sat Mar 11 13:55 , Heron Breen <breen@fedcoseeds.com> sent:

>A public post to Margie Luffman, and to all,
>I was searching for an heirloom cultivar of winter squash that the seed
>company I
>work for wants to grow-out, and I ended up on the Seeds of Diversity website.
>Seeds of Diversity is a similar outfit to Seed Savers' Exchange in the US.
>There
>was a page about Margie Luffman enlisting Seeds of Diversity's members help
>in
>finding older varieties of strawberries, black raspberries, and blackberries,
>with a long list and the nurseries that originated the cultivar. What
>excited me
>was the fact that all were selected/bred in fairly northerly climates.
>Ms. Luffman, could you comment on how this is going, if you have had any luck
>tracking these down? An exchange to ARS with anything you have recovered
>would
>make ongoing Maine nursery Rubus trials very interesting. Thanks for any
>feedback.
>Heron Breen
>zone 4, Maine

>No exceptions.
>----
>To subscribe or unsubscribe, go to the bottom of this page (also can be used
change other email options):