nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Moral and Legal Patent Quandries

  • From: "loneroc" <loneroc@mwt.net>
  • To: <breen@fedcoseeds.com>, "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Moral and Legal Patent Quandries
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 03:38:06 -0600

Heron,

Since I find the patenting of biological material silly at best (do we need
another coneflower or rose?) and immoral at worst, why would I want to call
the plant police for the problem any more than I would, say, call the cops
if I saw pot plants in a cornfield? How can you separate informing on
patent violators from "deep thoughts about the ethics of patent laws
themselves in the greater metaphysical sense?"

Steve Herje, SW WI