nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Jujubes in New Mexico & Ilinois

  • From: "kieran or donna" <redherring@tnaccess.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Jujubes in New Mexico & Ilinois
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 11:09:53 -0600

MTSU in Murfreesboro has two large trees that are supposed to be Li and
Lang, they had plenty of fruit both years I looked at them, but now that I
think of it, the crop wasn't all that thick for the size of the trees. The
trees are at least 30 yrs old, more like 40 I think. The fruit is large
and I was not surprised to read that these vars are more often
cooked/preserved than dried. If you want to see these trees, they are near
the "old dairy barn" way to the back of the campus, not too far from the
ground maintenance office. Donna