nafex - [NAFEX] Jujubes in New Mexico & Ilinois

  • From: martha_davis@highstream.net
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Jujubes in New Mexico & Ilinois
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 20:00:50 -0500

Here in northern new Mexico I am seeing people with a jujube orchard of Li &
Lang they have enough crop to bring them to the farmers market. They are
slightly south of Santa Fe in Zone 5. What I am not sure is how many trees
that represents but several times they were there with a bushel or two of
jujube fruit and they go to several farmers markets.

I know at least one person in Los Alamos (7300ft 18 inches annual rain) with
both Lee and Lang. They were fruiting and looked to have a lot more than 5-10
fruits.

I recall that Bill Vose had both Li and Lang for around 10 years in zone 4 in
Illinois The tree did fine, but no fruit. He said he had heard from other
folks in Zone 6 midwest who had the same experience.

Martha Davis