nafex - Re: [NAFEX] non-fruiting raspberries

  • From: kieran or donna <redherring@tnaccess.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] non-fruiting raspberries
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 22:18:46 -0600

I have occasionally seen thriving patches of red raspberries in Tennessee, but I have noted that they tend to be shortlived. By contrast, black raspberries thrive on neglect here. I have yet to eat a red raspberry that inspired me to want to spend money or time on them, whereas I have picked plenty of the wild black raspberries and a friend whose black raspberry patch was getting out of control offered to let me dig the extras. I like the blacks best, but they are so easy I'd go with them anyway. . Donna .