nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Phosmet and Mad Cows

  • From: kieran or donna <redherring@tnaccess.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Phosmet and Mad Cows
  • Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 21:24:31 -0600

Sunshine Lemme wrote:

Let me know when there is some scientific evidence like there is for prions.

Sunshine obviously didn't read the article, as it contains a great deal of scientific evidence that Phosmet plus high Manganese causes prions to deform and thus cause Mad Cow Disease. Here are excerpts:
" Ironically, both my own studies and those of Dr. David Brown largely open up the final door of evidence in support of Prisiner's concept. We have shown what causes the prion protein to transform into its protease-resistant form (the disease-associated form). Prisiner himself is skeptical of "the-BSE-feed-caused-new-variant-CJD" hypotheses. He was the only person (apart from myself) who suggested this to the BSE inquiry!"
"Follow-up trials by Case Western University in Cleveland and a French team of scientists provided further confirmation. Both groups ran postmortem analyses of brain tissue taken from those who had died of conventional CJD. These tests revealed the same pattern of high-manganese, low-copper as identified in TSE food chains, a tenfold increase of manganese levels and 50 percent reduction in copper in relation to control brains drawn from those who had died of natural causes "
I'm interested in trace mineral interactions anyway, so Lucky and I have discussed this matter in the past. An interesting little tidbit is that the continental breeds of cattle now being raised in England require 10X the copper that the native breeds need. The article on the Price Foundation site is very interesting reading, I recommend it to you all. It certainly made me feel better about eating meat or handling dogfood or anything that might have come from not-so-healthy cattle. The British govt and ICI would be liable for billions for their mandatory warble control program using ICI's special formula, so they absolutely do not want to fund any research showing that they screwed up. Whereas, if the USDA or the American beef industry wanted to further this research and publicize it, it would be very good for American farmers. As for using Phosmet yourself, I highly recommend that you not dribble 14% oil soluble Phosmet down your spine 4X a year while living at a high altitude and indulging in a diet high in chicken manure. I think if you follow these simple precautions that you'll be alright. Donna

Sunshine Lemme
Principal, Long Island Emergency
www.longislandemergency.com
EMT-Critical Care, Firefighter, HazMat Tech
Montauk Firefighter of the Year 2002
Rapid Intervention Team Leader
Graduate Student in Emergency Management