nafex - Re: [NAFEX] GRIN help?

  • From: "Joe Hecksel" <jhecksel@voyager.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] GRIN help?
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 17:34:28 -0500

http://www.ars-grin.gov/npgs/acc/acc_queries.html

Query on species name or a common cultivar of the species. I.e, Concord, Bartlett, Allstar, Fuji....

Click on hyperlink for species at top, Malus domestica , or whatever.

-or-

more interesting, click on Observations link.

find the attribute you are interested in

Click on Observed values

Click on the histogram "bin" that most interests you.
*****************************

Cultivar descriptions are spotty. Some are well fleshed out

(Cornish Aromatic) apple
Narrative
Comments:: Size medium to large 60-73; 50-65 mm; shape flat to inter- mediate truncate-conic to conic, convex, ribbed at eye and on body; skin yellow flushed orange and red, and striped deeper red with russet dots and patches, rough. Flesh firm, crisp, fine, creamy white; flavor sweet, subacid, aromatic; season late. Tree: vigorous, upright, spreading. Produces spurs freely.

and some are sparse

Seyve Villard 7-111
Narrative
Blue berry, medium size. Medium-large compact cluster. Average vine size, good production. Winter hardy.

Good luck!

-Joe