nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Climate zone maps

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Climate zone maps
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 09:15:35 -0500

Hi Jim,

Same reason there are Toyotas and Fords. People have different wants.

I do not rely on the maps at all anymore. I have a thermometer that records the highs and lows. The micro climate here does not match the zone maps at all.

My zone seems to be in flux right now. Lower winter temps, last 4-5 years.

I take the zone map as a very rough guide. I hope somebody develops a better tool.

Later,
Tom