nafex - [NAFEX] Tolman Sweet - historical note

  • From: fuwa fuwa usagi <fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Tolman Sweet - historical note
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 22:04:47 -0800 (PST)

It was written:

(Also,I read somewhere that T.S. was used as animal feed.  I think these COULD
be too much of a good thing, and I could end up feeding these to stock.)

My reply:

Tolman Sweet was a niche apple. In terms of "animal feed" both Tolman Sweet and Winesap were used as Part" of regimented
diet to flavor pork for hams. More than one family established a reputation for superior hams that commanded premium prices
based on such secret family recipes. Tolman also made an interesting vinegar that was esteemed for use on bitter greens.

The historical rabbit

P.S.

Hi ed,
Hi ozzy

The Free Email with so much more!
=====> http://www.MuchoMail.com <=====

  • [NAFEX] Tolman Sweet - historical note, fuwa fuwa usagi, 12/13/2005