nafex - Re: [NAFEX] apple questions - espallier distance

  • From: lee reich <lreich@hvc.rr.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] apple questions - espallier distance
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 17:43:10 -0400

Also check out the whole chapter in espalier in my book The Pruning Book. As I mention in my book, you have to be careful applying systems developed in other parts of the world to your backyard because of differences in daylength, temperature, and rainfall patterns. The Alan Edmunds book would be worth reading not just for the good information (unfortunately not very applicable over much of the U.S.) but also for the great writing, in my opinion.

Lee Reich, PhD

Books by Lee Reich:
Uncommon Fruits for Every Garden
A Northeast Gardener's Year