nafex - [NAFEX] apple questions - espallier distance

  • From: "Pete Tallman" <pete_tallman@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] apple questions - espallier distance
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 21:40:47 -0600

I have a few pictures online. See http://ptallman.home.mindspring.com/
and click on link for "Apples". Trees as pictured would have been about 6-8 years old. Row #1 (foreground or left in pictures) is the "production" row of informal espallier (e.g. Stayman Winesap)and Row #2 (right or background in pictures) is the row of cordons with extra arms at 4 ft spacing. Stayman Winesap is on Mark rootstock, probably would have been ideally on M7 from what I see now; some very fine eating from it this week. I'm sorry the pictures don't do it justice. I'll see if I can remember to look for better pictures.

--Pete Tallman
Longmont, CO