nafex - Re: [NAFEX] SummerCrisp Pears?

  • From: Charles Paradise <machelp@attglobal.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] SummerCrisp Pears?
  • Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 16:41:49 -0500

Ummm....with the current price for a dental crown at something around $850, my suggestion is ANY grit cells of whatever number is too risky to get involved with.   I have an old pear tree whose fruit can only be used for juicing.  DON'T eat pears with grit cells, however good they taste!

Charlie Paradise, Massachusetts

 Hello Again All; A description of SummerCrisp pears in a Book "fruit growing in the upper midwest" says: "They must picked on time, or a strong aroma develops and Grit Cells form" What kind of Strong Aroma ??A few grit cells or a ton ?? Anybody have one of these ??I'm looking at buying 10 trees. Thank you all......... Richard