nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Litagtion

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Litagtion
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 13:17:35 -0700

The sort of exemption you talk about is a very old legal principle, the kind of thing one expects to find on the books; so it wouldn’t surprise me if many states have such laws.  Nor would it surprise me if insurers used ignorance of such legal protection to increase policy rates…

I’m certainly not saying you should take the existence of such protection for granted, but I would check before assuming there is no such protection.

And now to protect myself from the topic police:  Our few surviving pomegranates have a mild but sweetly delicious flavor.  I wish I had enough to juice!  I usually find the juice too heavy, but these would produce something light and refreshing.  Next year I’ll try bagging them to stop the dreaded squirrels.  Were I back in the country, I might have tried bagging the squirrel…

Stephen Sadler, Ph.D.

USDA 9, AHS heat zone 8,

Sacramento CA - Mediterranean climate