nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Litagtion

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Litagtion
  • Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 21:25:20 -0400

On Oct 5, 2005, at 4:29 PM, fuwa fuwa usagi wrote:

It was written:

A novel idea, but in this litigation happy world, who would invite
strangers onto their property and open themselves to liability?

My reply:

Exactly.  A few years back my Home Owners Insurance company refused to issue an umbrella policy specifically becasue of my involvement with NAFEX and to a lesser extent fruit growing in general.   In the end even with curtailing my NAFEX involvement the underwriters refused to accept the umbrealla risk so I never did get the policy.

FuwaFuwaUsagi

I'm surprised.  I got an umbrella policy recently.  They asked me tons of questions about boats and pets, but I don't recall any questions about fruit.  The telephone interview lasted about 1/2 hour, so I might not remember everything, but I had a lot of fruit in the backyard, and I answered everything they asked and I got a policy.

Ginda