nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Litagtion

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Litagtion
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 10:07:46 EDT

In a message dated 10/5/2005 11:14:07 PM US Eastern Standard Time, brucedhansen@sbcglobal.net writes:

A few years back my Home Owners Insurance company refused to issue an umbrella policy specifically becasue of my involvement with NAFEX and to a lesser extent fruit growing in general. In the end even with curtailing my NAFEX involvement the underwriters refused to accept the umbrealla risk so I never did get the policy.

FuwaFuwaUsagi

Did you try another insurance company?  Farm Bureau canceled my homeowners policy when they found I have a wood fired furnace in the garage to heat my house.  State Farm took me with the same coverage limits and at a lower premium.

Do you live in California?

Indiana passed legislation that protects landowners from nuisance suits when people are using others property for sporting and outdoor recreation unless paying for that service. Landowners are no longer liable for deer hunters who fall out of a tree, for example, while hunting. Sportsman are welcome here. NAFEX members also.

Jerry Lehman
Happy Hoosier