nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Spreader sticker oils?

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Spreader sticker oils?
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 11:33:07 -0700

I’ve always used soap spreader/stickers, e.g. the insecticidal soaps I already have on hand.  Even spreaders that aren’t clearly marked as soaps contain saponins and/or potiassium resinates – so they’re pretty soap like.  For a very efficient spreader that has other benefits for plants – especially stressed plants – I would use yucca extract.

Stephen Sadler, Ph.D.

USDA 9, AHS heat zone 8,

Sacramento CA - Mediterranean climate