nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Bramley Apple (stop me)

  • From: "Naomi" <dragon-star@cableone.net>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Bramley Apple (stop me)
  • Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 17:29:53 -0600

Of course apples are good used non traditionally. Any decent apple can be
used.

Chop an apple into your tossed salad after tomato season is over. Use it in
chicken salad. Fruit and meat cooked together is a terrific combination.
You accept pineapple on a pizza so why not chopped apples. Dip apple rings
in a crepe batter and cook as pancakes. Top with cinnamon sugar. Chop
apples into noodle kugle. Grate apples and fold into muffin batter. Or use
applesauce instead of oil for low fat brownies.
Naomi