nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Bramley Apple (stop me)

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Bramley Apple (stop me)
  • Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 15:34:44 -0700

Bramley is like so many of the British varieties - it's adapted to the cool, maritime type climate in Britain. I have it here in western Oregon and it does very nicely here, and it IS a good cooking apple for those who like a tart apple that quickly reduces to sauce when cooked. But like so many fruits, it needs the climate it came from to do it's best. Better to look for another "cooker" if you live in a warmer climate.
-Lon Rombough