nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Black Cherry

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Black Cherry
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 11:02:47 EDT

In a message dated 8/14/2005 4:26:30 PM US Eastern Standard Time, tanistanis@hotmail.com writes:

jwlehman:  I bet that would work, but the way the birds feed on
blackcherries here, I'd be collecting a lot of bird poo.  Can fruit &
plastic sheet be washed adequately
?

I've laid down plastic for persimmons to fall on, works well. With the plastic on grass they bounce instead of going splat!  Then just roll them off. Yes, it collects bird dropings which mostly dry up and they can be rolled off also. But cherries would require more tilting of the plactic (I'd imagine) and the dried manure might be a bigger problem staying with the cherries. Now this will sound gross, but I'd think the cherries would drop to the bottom of water and the droppings float. Pour them off.

Jerry