nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Grape Arbor

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Grape Arbor
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 07:29:44 -0700

Sounds like the variety is too vigorous for the size of the arbor, if you are pruning it correctly each winter. Leaf pulling to expose the fruit isn't really necessary with most table grapes. It's more important with some wine grapes. More important is that the vine isn't overcropped. If crop load is right, fruit should ripen fine, assuming it's not too late a variety for your area.
-Lon Rombough