nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Earliest Ripening Apple Mystery

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Earliest Ripening Apple Mystery
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 18:13:43 -0700

Sounds like it would be a weeping apple! The characteristic to 'weep' shows
up in many plants, and is certainly present in the rose family. Sounds like
your apple perhaps has that gene turned on. That would be an interesting
characteristic to propogate.

Stephen Sadler, Ph.D.
USDA 9, AHS heat zone 8,
Sacramento CA - Mediterranean climate