nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Earliest Ripening Apple Mystery

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Earliest Ripening Apple Mystery
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 11:58:30 -0700

Jim,

If only your farmer's market wis in CA - the 'strangely named' apples are
valued and snatched right up.

Is your Quinte a graft? When you graft a mangosteen branch onto rootstock
it still thinks it's a branch and grows sideways - I wonder what other
fruits behave the same?

Stephen Sadler, Ph.D.
USDA 9, AHS heat zone 8,
Sacramento CA - Mediterranean climate