nafex - RE: [NAFEX] bitter juneberries

  • From: "Mark Lee" <markl@nytec.com>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] bitter juneberries
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 12:51:22 -0700

Stephen,
Maybe these aren't fully ripe. The only variety I am sure of is 'Autumn
Brilliance" which is selected for its fall foliage, not for its edible
berries. This variety I think is cloned, so it will have the same taste
everywhere I run across it in my fruit exploring. The bitter component
is interesting for me, but my kids and wife spit out the samples I have
shared... yuk. I have other varieties selected for good tasting fruit,
but these won't produce for another year.
-Mark Lee, Seattle