nafex - [NAFEX] Electrical tape on new grafts

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Electrical tape on new grafts
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 23:10:42 EDT

In a message dated 6/16/2005 4:22:00 PM US Eastern Standard Time, loneroc@mwt.net writes:

Tanis--I used your electrical tape suggestion when I topworked a Ure pear to
something that might actually fruit.  25 out of 25 takes.  It sure was easy
to use.  Suggestions from anyone on when to remove the tape?

I've used vinyl electrical tape for bark grafting for years. I leave mine on till the next season and sometimes longer.  Vinyl tape streaches therefore expands with the wood growth. And, I wrap them quite tight to begin with. The parafilm what I wrap over the scion wood doesn't get removed either.

Jerry

Jerry