nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Electrical tape on new grafts

  • From: tanis grif <tanisgrif@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Electrical tape on new grafts
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 09:18:54 -0700 (PDT)

loneroc-- don't get excited, because pears "always" take! (Congrats.)

loneroc & jerry-- try the rubber tape sometime rather than the vinyl tape.
the
rubber tape puts a more uniform pressure on the union, expands with the
growth, &
doesn't need to be removed.

--- Jwlehman wrote:

> In a message dated 6/16/2005 4:22:00 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
> loneroc writes:
>
> > Tanis--I used your electrical tape suggestion when I topworked a Ure pear
> > something that might actually fruit. 25 out of 25 takes. It sure was
> > easy
> > to use. Suggestions from anyone on when to remove the tape?
>

> I've used vinyl electrical tape for bark grafting for years. I leave mine
> on
> till the next season and sometimes longer. Vinyl tape streaches therefore
> expands with the wood growth. And, I wrap them quite tight to begin with.
> The
> parafilm what I wrap over the scion wood doesn't get removed either.
>
> Jerry

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com