nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Clove Currant and Autumn Olive ID Help

  • From: Ribes60@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Clove Currant and Autumn Olive ID Help
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 14:45:18 EDT

Re Clove currants. You should be able to identify them when they are in bloom. Mine are blooming right now (I am in central PA Zone 5/6) The blooms are yellow and smell like clove, the leaves are shaped more like gooseberry than currant. Some may be more palatable than others, but I think all are safe to eat. Mine ripen in mid August and are large black berries.

Re Autumn Olive  Here they are considered invasive and should not be planted. Bradford pear is "just one click" away from that also

Ed Mashburn