nafex - [NAFEX] too late to plant bench grafts?

  • From: "Diane" <disk@iserv.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] too late to plant bench grafts?
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 11:17:03 -0400

I got behind again and didn't finish my bench grafts til about a week ago.I know its late but when is it too late.Should I try to wait for a cool spell?Also,my "V" grafter is ripping the bottom side of the cuts on both root and scion.I have been sharpening the blades but still have a problem.I line up the two good sides.How long do I have to let them " callous " in the refrigerator?           thanks ,      skip s zone 5