nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Pesky Tree Rats

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Pesky Tree Rats
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 15:58:02 -0700

Lucky,

Thanks for the warning!

We have scattered the Rampage packets into areas where only rats or mice would be likely to find them.  The rats have to gnaw open the package themselves and eat – in spite of the clearly worded warning that it would kill them… our cats showed no interest in the fallen rats, and dogs didn’t have access to the bait, so we never faced the problem of pets becoming contaminated.  Although the product was advertised as ‘safe’ for non-rodents, it doesn’t surprise me that direct consumption by small mammals (puppies) could lead to problems.

Stephen Sadler