nafex - [NAFEX] How cats kill Rats

  • From: Charles Paradise <machelp@attglobal.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] How cats kill Rats
  • Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 00:41:10 -0400

Michelle Horner wrote:
" I think we'll
even sacrifice the baby birds to the newst consideration: feline stalkers."

I have never personally witnessed it...but the word said that only some house
cats kill rats differently than house cats kill mice.

They say the cat stays a little back from the rat, and uses its paws to beat
the rat senseless, like a boxer. Only after the rat is incapable of defense
will the cat close to kill. Makes sense:
German Shepard: 400 lbs/square inch biting power, Rat: 2,000 lbs/Square inch
biting power.

NATO ships visited Boston. The mooring ropes to the pier had a curious
funnel shaped device in the middle of the rope. After thinking awhile, I
realized it was a rat barrier.

Charlie Paradise