nafex - Re: [NAFEX] squirrels & cats & rabbits

  • From: Hélène Dessureault <interverbis@videotron.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] squirrels & cats & rabbits
  • Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 18:13:03 -0400

When cats are about to be weined, their mothers show their youngs what there
is to eat. If they happen to be in an environment with lots of mice or
squirrels, you can expect an hecatomb for a few days as samples of food is
brought home for the young to play with and taste. When you get a grown cat
brought from a different environment, it may be that this cat is used to get
its food from a can. It is not stupid and lazy, it just responds to its
training.
Hélène, zone 3-4