nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Apple-crabapple

  • From: "David Doud" <doudone@netusa1.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Apple-crabapple
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 16:45:07 -0500

I've asked this very question at a number of places, including here a year
or two ago - - I've never got a satisfactory explanation - - 'Lady is a
small apple, but is not considered a crab - - 'Almata is a <2" apple with
red flesh and astringent nature and is not considered a crab -'Chestnut
crab' is a crab and small, but not astringent - what the difference between
'Lady' and Chestnut'? I don't know....