nafex - Re: [NAFEX] DDT

  • From: JoanRRosenberg@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] DDT
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 18:24:30 EST

Listen  that stuff is deadly, kills everything in the food chain and there are nice organic alternatives.  I don't want to rant on the list, but for mosquitos, you put some clorox in standing water or remove all sources of standing water.  There are other fixes available if you go look, including ways to kill west nile, malaria, and bug pests.  Do yourself a favor, go google-ing on the alternative organic sites, and get educated, please.  I have found I never needed any of the chemicals if I expended some effort to learn about the pest and ways to remove it.  I have a working small one person farm, I deal with bugs in all seasons except deep winter, and the more organic I go, the fewer pests I have.