nafex - Re: [NAFEX] downside of free potassium source

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat@containerseeds.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] downside of free potassium source
  • Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 07:50:39 -0500

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 06:25:26 -0600, you wrote:

>I haven't been following this thread, but has anyone pointed out that clay
>is an aluminum compound? The alumina (Al2O3) used as as abrasive is very
>hard, inert, and not likely to be available to crop uptake. If you want to
>avoid aluminum in your diet, watch out for baking powder and self-rising
>flour. Both are commonly loaded witn SOLUBLE aluminum. Though, as has been
>pointed out, no aluminum connection is confirmed to alzheimers.

There are aluminum-free baking powders. Rumford is one
brand with no aluminum.

http://www.clabbergirl.com/prod_rumford.htm

It doesn't help with commercial baked goods, of course, but
it's a good choice (IMHO) for home use. I've used it for
years and years.

Pat

--
ContainerSeeds.com - vegetable, herb, fruit, and
edible flower seeds for successful container growing.