nafex - [NAFEX] Fruit culture education

  • From: BRosholdt <rosholdt@erols.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Fruit culture education
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 20:46:39 -0500

I certainly vote for a Fruit Boot Camp! I have been trying to find local sources of expertise and it has taken me several years to find sources within 60 miles of the orchard with expertise in common fruits (e.g., apples). I'd be GLAD to go help them prune, plant, whatever. But by the time I get there, they've usually got enough of it and have hired the quick expert Mexican labor to do the job. So I pay for workshops, which are limited because it is usually only a few hours out of a day. A grower only gets once a year to learn. Unless they have several orchards to work on.

Barbara Rosholdt
3Domes, VA
(zone 6c-7a)

  • [NAFEX] Fruit culture education, BRosholdt, 01/17/2005