nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Cherry Wine

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Cherry Wine
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 14:24:21 -0500

Hi,

One gallon of wine will fill approximately 4-5 wine bottles.

You do no need fancy equipment, and can be accomplished with a 2 gallon food grade pail, 1 gallon glass bottle, siphon hose, plastic wrap and an elastic.

All you need to buy is yeast of your choice (.50 to $1) and some campden tablets for sterilizing the must.

Start simple, make a gallon, work your way up. the largest ingrediant in wine making is "patience", same as fruit growing.

Later,
Tom